Post-doctoral Positions Available
- July 2013: Congratulations to Chris Wilmer on defending his PhD!
- June 2013: Congratulations to Ben Sikora on defending his PhD!
- March 2013: The group's work on natural gas storage in the MOF NU-125 is highlighted in this month's issue of Chemistry Views!
- December 2012: Chris Wilmer was named to the Forbes 30-under-30 in energy list!
- November 2012: Randy Snurr is quoted in RSC Chemistry World discussing new research on selective materials for CO2 separations.
- November 2012: Our paper "Structure-property relationships of porous materials for carbon dioxide separation and capture" is featured on the front cover of the Energy & Environmental Science journal! (link to article)
- October 2012: Pritha Ghosh and Randy Snurr, in collaboration with Professor Siepmann's group and Professor Kohen's group have won the 7th Industrial Fluid Properties Simulation Challenge at AIChE 2012. Congratulations!
- October 2012: Chris Wilmer has won a Graduate Student Award from the Computational Molecular Science and Engineering Forum (CoMSEF) at AIChE 2012. Congratulations!
- October 2012: Dr. David Fairen-Jimenez has won a prestigious University Research Fellowship from The Royal Society. Congratulations!
- August 2012: Chris Wilmer has been awarded the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department's Distinguished Graduate Researcher Award for 2012. Congratulations and we look forward to your seminar in a few weeks!
- August 2012: Chris Wilmer and our collaborator, Omar Farha, are profiled in the current issue of Chemical & Engineering News for their entrepreneurial success.
- July 2012: Our paper "High Propene/Propane Selectivity in Isostructural Metal–Organic Frameworks with High Densities of Open Metal Sites" is highlighted in Chemistry Views. (link to article)
- June 2012: Our paper "Thermodynamic analysis of Xe/Kr selectivity in over 137 000 hypothetical metal–organic frameworks" is featured on the cover of Chemical Science. Authors are Ben Sikora, Chris Wilmer, Michael Greenfield and Randy Snurr. (link to article)
- May 2012: NuMat Technologies, a university spin-out company based on research from the Snurr & Hupp group, wins the Rice Business Plan Competition and the Global Venture Labs Investment Competition, collectively receiving over $1 million in prizes! NuMat's successes are featured in Northwestern News: "Business Pitches Win Big" and in FORTUNE Magazine:"Hail to the Champions".
- March 2012: Our research is featured on the cover of ACS Catalysis in their March 2012 issue (pictured on right)! (link to article)
- March 2012: Northwestern's NuMat Technologies, a university spin-out company based on research from the Snurr & Hupp group, has won the $100,000 student company grand prize in the 2012 Clean Energy Challenge. In June, NuMat Technologies will represent the midwestern United States in a National Clean Energy student business competition. See also coverage by McCormick News. Congratulations!
- February 2012: The movie about our research wins an award in the 2011 NSF International Science & Engineering Visualization Challenge and is featured in the February 2012 issue of Science as well as being covered in Wired magazine and MSNBC.
- January 2012: Randy Snurr has joined the Editorial Advisory Board of the journal Chemistry of Materials.
- January 2012: Our research is featured on the cover of Nature Chemistry in their February 2012 issue (pictured on right)! (link to article)
- January 2012: Our research collaboration with Prof. Fraser Stoddart's group on "sugar MOFs" is highlighted in Science!
We have openings for post-docs in the area of high-throughput computational screening of metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) for gas separation and storage, as well as modeling of catalysis in MOFs. Candidates should e-mail a CV, including names and e-mail addresses of 3 references, to snurr [at] northwestern [dot] edu.